Hilton Washington DC North/Gaithersburg,
620 Perry Parkway, Gaithersburg, Maryland 20877
Tel:  301-977-8900
FAX:  301-869-8597
The Capclave room block has now sold out. But fear not, there are several other reasonably priced hotels very close by. And because there are so many nearby accomodations, there is no cap on memberships. So please feel free to join Capclave, and checkout the list below for comfortable places to stay.
Marriott TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg : (4/10 miles away) : 212 Perry Parkway, Gaithersburg, MD 20877
Gaithersburg Holiday Inn: (6/10 miles away) : 2 Montgomery Village Avenue, Gaithersburg, MD
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington DC North : (1.4 miles away) : 960 North Frederick Avenue, Gaithersburg, Maryland, 20879
Marriott Washingtonian Center : (4.0 miles away) : 9751 Washingtonian Boulevard, Gaithersburg, Maryland 20878
Homewood Suites Gaithersburg : (4.8 miles away) : 14975 Shady Grove Road, Rockville, Maryland, 20850
Travel Weekly's list of nearby hotels
|Self Parking at the hotel is free.|
Getting to the Hotel via Metro:
|If you are taking the Metro, please check WMATA for the times of the first and last trains for the stations you will be using; and for announcements about delays, single tracking, elevator and escalator issues, and station closure. While we have done our best to check and recheck the directions below, prices and schedules do change, and accidents or maintance can change routes. Checking with Metro ahead of time can eliminate untold headaches. There is also a "DC METRO TRANSIT" app for android devices that can help with navigating the Metro system.
Except for a few special cases, the Washington D.C. Metro uses the Smartcard system for riders on the Metrorail/Metrobus system. The cards can be purchased at any station and costs $2.00 just for the card itself, in addition to the travel fares. Smartcards can be reloaded indefinately and do not expire. Smartcards are also required if you will be parking a vehicle at a Metrostation.
The Metrobuses will take exact change (currently $1.70 for most trips), but given that the fare can change depending on tranfers from rail to bus or bus to rail, it's almost always more convienent just to get the Smartcard.
IMPORTANT: The D.C. Metro is undergoing extensive repairs and upgrades which shutdown large parts of the Metro at a time. Information on what parts will be disrupted can be found at: Safetrack. At present, the Orange Line is scheduled for maintence during Capclave, but the schedule has been known to change with little warning.
See the WMATA website for full details of all things Metro.
D.C. has well developed taxi system as well as Uber and Lyft available.
- Most Basic Metro Instructions:
- Take the Metro's Red Line to the Shady Grove Station and call the hotel at 301-977-8900 to have one of the three hotel shuttles pick you up.
In addition to the regular hotel shuttles, the hotel also contracts with a paratransit service. If you need to use paratransit, call the hotel at 301-977-8900 3-5 days before the convention to arrange with the hotel to be picked up by their paratransit service.
If, for some reason, no shuttles are available (and this really should not be the case), there are a couple of alternatives using the D.C. bus system.
1) At Shady Grove Metro Station, in Bay A, take Ride-On Bus 55 towards Germantown. At Lakeforest Transit Center, transfer to Ride-On Bus 54 towards Rockville. Bus will stop in front of hotel. The trip will take about 1 hour (mainly the wait at the Transit Center).
2) Instead of getting off at Shady Grove, get off at Rockville. In Bay E, take Ride-On Bus 55 towards Lakeforest Transit Center. Bus will stop in front of hotel. The trip will take about 1 hour (the hotel is towards the end of the route).
About 5 minutes walking:
1) In Bay A, take either Ride-On Bus 55 towards Germantown or Ride-On Bus 59 towards Montgomery Village. When the bus turns off Frederick Ave. onto Odendhal Ave. get off the bus. Go back and turn right on Frederick Ave. Walk approx. 2 blocks NW on Frederick Ave. At the stop-light, turn left on Perry Pkwy. Walk approx. 2 blocks SW on Perry Pkwy. The trip will take about 15 minutes.
2) Take Ride-On Bus 61 from Bay C towards Germantown. At Lakeforest Blvd. get off the bus. Turn left on Perry Pkwy. Walk approx. 2 blocks SW on Perry Pkwy. The trip will take about 22 minutes.
- From National Airport:
- Take the Yellow Line in the direction of Mt. Vernon Sq./Fort Totten to the Gallery Place Station and transfer to the Red Line in the direction of Shady Grove, or take the Blue Line in the direction of Largo Town Center to the Metro Center Station and transfer to the Red Line in the direction of Shady Grove. Your destination station is Shady Grove. The trip will take about 1 hour and cost $5.90 during peak hours and $3.60 during off-peak hours.
- From Dulles Airport:
- You can take the Washington Flyer bus to the Wiehle-Reston East Metro Station and take the Silver Line in the direction of Largo Town Center, and transfer at Metro Center to the Red Line in the direction of Shady Grove. Your destination station is Shady Grove. The Washington Flyer is not part of the Washington D.C. Metro and does not accept Smartcards. You must have cash/credit. The trip to Metro Station will take appoximately 15 minutes and costs $5.00.
- From BWI Airport:
- Take the B30 bus to the Greenbelt Metro Station. At the Greenbelt Metro Station, take the Green Line in the direction of Southern Avenue and transfer to the Red Line at the Fort Totten Station in the direction of Shady Grove. Your destination station is Shady Grove. The trip should take approximately 75-90 minutes and cost $7.00 for the B30 bus and $5.90 during peak hours and $3.60 during non-peak hours for the Metro.
Alternative: Take the Shuttle Bus to the Amtrak/MARC Station. Travel to Union Station and use the Trains directions located just below this entry. The Amtrack and the MARC trains takes about 35 minutes. The MARC train is less expensive, but does not run on Saturday or Sunday.
- If you take Amtrak or MARC trains to Union Station, take the Red Line (located downstairs) in the direction of Shady Grove. Your destination station is Shady Grove. The trip will take about 40 minutes and cost $5.90 during peak hours and $3.60 during off-peak hours.
|Site Design Copyright 2017 Amperzen Design Studios||Page last updated: 17 September 2017|